The Ultimate Toy Collector's Paradise

View my photos at bighugelabs.com

Welcome to my collectable home away from home! Here you will find everything I have that might be sold for more then I paid for it someday...(crossing fingers)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"More Then Meets The Re-Inventions"

When Hasbro came out with all new characters (and a few old ones) for it's Transformers: Cybertron, no one was more excited then me. Well, maybe a few kids. But that's it. After the disappointing line that was released in the mid-90's not to mention "Beast Wars" (shudder), it was nice to see an original line of vehicles, plus a few surprises thrown in. Here are the three that I managed to snag:


If anyone saw the movie from 1986 (and I think a few did), Blurr was introduced and was able to move fast and talk faster. Annoying? Yeah, a bit. But as least he didn't do anything heroic. He definitely looks a lot better here.


There were a few others I would have liked to have had but this one is pretty cool I gotta admit. A giant claw for one of his hands is neat in theory, but I think it would weigh him down more then it would benefit him. I dunno.


My nephew Ethan has this one so I got to play with this one hands-on. As a robot he looks very menacing but as an armoured tank he can do the most damage.


This one is probably my favourite of them all simply because both cars look very cool plus they appear to be caught in some kind of race deathmatch, which is a little odd seeing as how they're on the same side (I think). Maybe the orange one is a Decepticon, who knows.

I finally saw the movie and man did it not disappoint. Going to go see it again Friday night with aforementioned nephew. Anything for him, right? ha ha. I think what impresses me most with Bay and Co. is that he stayed true to what most of us grew up knowing about them. Even if he changed Megatron from a gun to a spaceship we were more then willing to forgive that to see something we could really interact and connect with.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shaun said...

Hi Mike, thanks for commenting on my blog, have subscribed to your blog via bloglines, will be tracking your posts from there. Nice collection you got there :)

July 10, 2007 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Mike Overall said...

Hey, thanks! A lot more is yet to come!

July 11, 2007 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Give a child in your life Glowing kids toys, books or games that expand the child's mind. Give a child a unique selection of Glowing kids toys, children's educational toys, books, games, arts and crafts, and science kits and more that focus on mental, physical and creative development of children.

July 1, 2010 at 4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home