The Ultimate Toy Collector's Paradise

View my photos at bighugelabs.com

Welcome to my collectable home away from home! Here you will find everything I have that might be sold for more then I paid for it someday...(crossing fingers)

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"They're Here!"

This is the exact same post as on my other site, but since the subject matter is beyond huge, I thought I would use both. Enjoy!

After more then a year of wondering, waiting, and hoping, in T-minus three days and a few hours, Transformers The Movie will officially be released in (hopefully) most theaters. Currently I am looking for a theater that just might be doing something kind of fun to celebrate this historic event in my life. Yes, I said historic. Why? Well, to really understand the whole thing, let's take a little trip back in time...

(dreamy music)

The day was December 7, 1986. It was the 45th anniversary of Pearl Harbor being attacked by the Japanese, but that was irrelevant to me. All I knew was what I had seen commercials for; my favourite cartoon of all time was moving to the big screen with new characters and new adventures. Even though the movie didn't win over a lot of critics, everyone who got to see it in the theater knew what a treat it was. We left the theater knowing we would remember this day for the rest of our lives. It was more then just seeing a movie. It was to be one of the defining moments of our youth. Everytime I reminisce about that day I always get a kind of bittersweet feeling, partly becaue I know I'll never get to relive that day again, but also I remember being one of the lucky few that knows what that day was all about.

Okay, enough chatter, let's move onto the toys! So far I has acquired five of the roughly 20 different items available so far so let's take a look:


This one I liked from the get go. A bad guy police car can't be good for the world, but it sure looks cool.


Bought this one with some leftover credit from the big "R". Something about tanks...


I have been a big fan of the Pontiac Solstice ever since Donald Trump gave on to Kendra on The Apprentice. And who better then Jazz to embody the cool sports car?


At first I thought Ratchet was going to be a Hummer rescue vehicle. Well, it doesn't look quite like what I had imagined, but the color and the size definitely impressed me.


These two I wasn't really planning on buying seperately mind you. But when I saw the package deal with a savings of over $15, I knew I had something special here.


This was the second one I had seen pictures of that I knew I had to have. I love the giant machine guns under the doors plus the fact that the detail and resemblance is just spectacular. If you remember the Ironhide from years ago, he was a little red van thing that just did not transform the way he did on the cartoon.

So, as you can see, I'm just a little more excited then most people about next week. Even if it's just a midnight showing and nothing more, that's alright with me. I sure wish Zach was a few years older so he would get as big a kick out of this as I do, but he will definitely have watched it before he starts school lol. What memories instill special feelings in you? I have an entire catalogue myself, but that's probably because I don't have much of a life ha ha.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Hali G. said...

i have a question about the Ironhide figures that come up on search engines. any info for me on why, when i search for this toy, they're priced above 70$? just curious, because im not a collector but would enjoy it as the toy it is! Ironhide is so awesome!
THANKS!!!

June 26, 2009 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Mike Overall said...

Some places think they can rip people off. Don’t bite the bait!

January 28, 2021 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Mike Overall said...

Some places think they can rip people off. Don’t bite the bait!

January 28, 2021 at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home