The Ultimate Toy Collector's Paradise

View my photos at bighugelabs.com

Welcome to my collectable home away from home! Here you will find everything I have that might be sold for more then I paid for it someday...(crossing fingers)

Friday, June 1, 2007

"The Alternator Alternative"

I'm sure a lot of people were wondering when the Transformer line was going to come out with a line of toys resembling the more modern cars we have today. Well, as of last year, Hasbro presented the Alternator collection. There are about 30 or so past and present characters that have been remodeled as classic cars, trucks and SUV's. Here are the three I managed to add to my collection:

Sunstreaker

I remember the G1 toy as looking kind of weird when it was in robot form. Now, as a Dodge Viper, I don't think he will have that problem again.

Shockblast

I think this was supposed to be Shockwave but someone got the number wrong. As a Mazda RX-8 this is definitely the fave of my collection.

Tracks

Don't remember who this guy was...there are several of these with names I've never heard of. As a 2006 Corvette I was just looking to add to what I already had and since he was blue...well...he added to the spectrum I guess.

What I like now is you can't even find these in the stores anymore. Toys R Us has a few on their website but who knows if they will even be available when you go to order them. Which means as of right now their value has gone ahead of their MSRP of $19.99. Glad to see something I own is worth something.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home